Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 250 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to monitor and maintain the entire farm grounds and surrounding area, including the perimeter, with a focus on sustainability.
- Use equipment provided to maintain the gardens/grounds, including - trimming, pruning, mowing, weed spraying, irrigation and fertilising as required;
- Maintenance and regular servicing of all equipment supplied for use;
- Day-to-day maintenance of existing vegetation, proactively monitoring plant health, additionally planting new vegetation as instructed;
- Undertake basic horticulture tasks;
- Perform general labour and farm tasks when required.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Be reliable, and be flexible to work extra hours if and when required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Participate in any relevant training to ensure on-going compliance with policies and procedures;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanically knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicle and equipment;
- Experience with hay cultivation and harvesting would be highly regarded.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
This position is presently an Expression of Interest, to register for future opportunities.
We are not actively recruiting for this position at the present time.