Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 250 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment on a rotating roster, and you would be responsible for the care of domestic poultry to ensure the efficient production of a high quality and hygienic egg.
- Work proactively with a team on a roster basis to provide 365-day coverage;
- Monitor and maintain flock health at all times;
- Participate in the training provided to ensure a high level of skill and knowledge of the tasks required;
- Understand and comply with all workplace health and safety, quarantine and bio-security standards;
- Operate machinery and equipment to ensure system optimisation for poultry at all times;
- Monitor the feeding and watering systems, and perform general animal husbandry of stock;
- Work closely within a variety of intensive livestock systems;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Have an attention to detail to complete both husbandry and quality assurance tasks.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.
These positions are not open to overseas applicants, but we welcome temporary workers such as back-packers who can work full-time hours.