Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development, career advancement and/or permanent employment for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work quickly, efficiently and cohesively within a team environment to ensure optimal bird welfare during the catching and vaccinating of birds.
You must be available for very early morning starts (between 2:00 am to 6:00 am), working a 7 to 8 hour day, usually Monday through Friday. Rare Saturday shifts may be required, and there is the opportunity for other weekend work on occasion. The roster is irregular, with hours between 60 and 80 per fortnight.
- Safely and efficiently catch, identify and vaccinate birds in accordance with established work practices;
- Safely and efficiently load and unload birds;
- Clean and sanitise vaccination equipment;
- Work closely within a variety of intensive livestock systems;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment;
- Other tasks as directed, including pullet shifts, shed cleaning, or gardening duties.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Be very physically fit, and able to perform a variety of physical tasks including heavy lifting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, and pushing trolleys;
- Have the ability to work with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and time-pressured environment, performing repetitive tasks with a high degree of care;
- Have your own transport, and be able to attend various farm sites within a 20 km radius of Millmerran;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Have an attention to detail to complete both husbandry and quality assurance tasks.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A genuine care and concern for animal welfare. No previous bird handling experience is required, but you must be able to work in direct contact with live birds;
- Our job sites demand strict adherence to bio-security protocols which require showering, changing clothes and footwear, before entering sites. No jewellery may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewellery.
- The ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.