Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Have you had experience with Feedmill equipment installation and repairs?
- Seeking motivated problem solver and takes pride in their work
- Join existing successful and driven production teams
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development, career advancement and/or future permanent employment for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
DA Hall & Co's Stockfeed Milling Division supplies the company's total poultry feed requirements. Production at the mill has grown to over 2000 tonnes per week of finished feed, with all feed distributed by a fleet of company trucks.
Working Monday through Friday inclusive (average 38 to 45 hours per week), you would be required to assist with all areas of the mill operations, including receive commodities, schedule feed production and deliveries, control stock levels, weigh trucks, and test grain.
- Operate the feed mill in accordance with established work practices;
- Assist with the maintenance of the Feedmill equipment, building and surrounds;
- Safely and competently operate a forklift;
- Safely and efficiently assist with the receival of commodities into the mill;
- Ensure safe and efficient delivery of feed to farm sites, in accordance with established schedules and work practices;
- Control stock levels, monitoring and advising when levels may be low;
- Weigh trucks through the weighbridge as and when required;
- Test grain in accordance with established work practices;
- Drive feed body trucks (on site only, truck licence is not required);
- Prepare and bag product as required.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Possess a valid Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck with sufficient operational experience;
- Be very physically fit, and able to perform a variety of physical tasks including heavy lifting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders and being comfortable with heights, and pushing or pulling;
- Have the ability to work with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and sometimes time-pressured environment, performing tasks with a high degree of care and attention to detail;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Possess basic computer skills; with a mechanical aptitude being an advantage but not essential.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- Our job sites demand strict adherence to bio-security and safety protocols. No jewellery may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewellery;
- The ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.
These positions are not open to overseas applicants.