Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven maintenance teams.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Learn and grow in a diverse, fast-paced and challenging work environment .
- Applicants should be mechanically minded and have an excellent work ethic.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from grain production, chick rearing, stock feed milling, poultry production and egg grading. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role...
This position is casual, working Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend work when needed to meet operational requirements.
You must be able to work safely and efficiently unsupervised when required, but also be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
General tasks include the following:
- Undertake general construction projects and repairs and maintenance as requested and instructed;
- Tasks may include completing building and equipment maintenance both inside and outside poultry sheds, the egg grading facility and the feedmill;
- Assist with the day-to-day tasks to meet business deadlines;
- Complete any training (both on-the-job and externally) and actively participate as required.
About You ...
In order to successfully perform this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Whilst a trade qualification is NOT required, you must be able to demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude and sound troubleshooting skills;
- You should have a minimum 3 years' experience in a similar maintenance role in an agricultural environment;
- Sound ability to communicate effectively with your Managers and Supervisors, other team members and tradespeople;
- A certificate for Working at Heights would be highly regarded;
- Hold a current White or Blue Card;
- Experience working with Cooling Systems would be highly regarded.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to allow you to successfully complete all aspects of study;
- A drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
This role is not open to overseas applicants. Applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Australia.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.