Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 400 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Due to continued growth and expansion, DA Hall & Co are recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join their management team. Experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred but not essential, as all training will be provided. The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture, experience managing teams and thrive in a time-sensitive and diverse working environment. This role will appeal to someone looking for a new challenge and wishing to gain further technical knowledge and holistic business management experience.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to coordinate your team to work efficiently and cohesively within a production environment on a roster, ensuring the safe preparation of eggs for dispatch on a fast-paced and highly automated production floor.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day production within the grading floor.
Key functions of the role include:
- Providing mentoring, coaching and support to grading floor staff.
- Communicating effectively internally and with business partners.
- Ensuring accountability for the production, cost and profitability outcomes as they compare to projected budgets and forecasts.
- Analysing production data against both company and Industry Best Practice Standards.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives in line with the company's strategic direction.
- Supporting the highest standard of animal husbandry and welfare.
- Proactively participating in Quality Assurance, Bio-security, Workplace Health and Safety, Food Safety and other compliance with relevant company codes of conduct, statutory acts and regulations.
- Actively supporting the company's Stewardship and Community programs focusing on making a positive contribution to the local and wider communities.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following key strengths expected to effectively manage a production unit and team:
- A passion for effective leadership and managing a team to achieve results.
- A demonstrated history of proactive time management.
- Previous FMCG experience is essential.
- A working knowledge of legislation and regulatory requirements, workplace health and safety, animal welfare and bio-security.
- Effective communication skills.
- Project management and coordinating operational activities.
Job benefits and perks
DA Hall & Co offers a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to its business values. The successful applicant will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package including accommodation, phone and work vehicle which will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
These positions are not open to overseas applicants, but we welcome temporary workers such as students and back-packers.