Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Enjoy hands-on physical work in the great outdoors.
- General maintenance knowledge and "Can do" attitude.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 250 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment from Monday through Friday, performing a variety of farming maintenance duties, operating farming machinery and equipment, and working with livestock when required.
There may also be an opportunity for subsidised company-provided housing.
- Carry out general labouring tasks such as digging, lifting, assembling, carpentry, welding, concreting, plumbing;
- Working with livestock on farm when required;
- General plant and equipment repairs, maintenance and servicing.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move. Learn more about this here: https://jobsearch.gov.au/jobseekerinfo/move-for-work
About You ...
Whilst experience in the following areas is desirable, it is not essential, as we can provide on-the-job training to the right candidates:
- Experience with a variety of farming duties;
- Have a robust physical fitness level, with the ability to regularly complete highly physical tasks;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements in a small team;
- Removal of faulty equipment & fittings from fixed & mobile plant and buildings;
- Install new or replacement equipment & fittings to fixed and mobile plant and buildings;
- Assisting contractors when necessary;
- Operating hand and power tools of all types;
- Operating farm machinery, vehicles & plant equipment;
- Loading, unloading and delivering equipment & consumables on farm;
- Dispose of general waste & deceased animals appropriately;
- Carry out maintenance of grounds and gardens by operating mowers and powered garden tools;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Be reliable, and be flexible to work extra hours if and when required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Participate in any relevant training to ensure on-going compliance with policies and procedures;
- Have a current HC Truck Licence with operational experience;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanical knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicles and equipment.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area and on rural machinery;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers' licence and your own transport;
- Strong physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.