Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment on a rotating roster, ensuring the safe transport of loads across various farm sites.
- Perform transport duties in accordance with the established work schedules, including the requirement to work early mornings or late nights as necessary;
- Work cooperatively as part of a small team to meet required deadlines;
- Ensure that loads are prepared, loaded and delivered safely and efficiently;
- Ensure all processes minimise waste and maximise productivity;
- Inspect and maintain vehicles and equipment in accordance with established work practices;
- Ensure respectful communication with all business partners, and follow all reasonable and lawful directions on a day-to-day basis;
- Where applicable, complete documentation accurately and thoroughly;
- Where applicable, comply with NHVR transportation regulations;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment;
- Participate in any training provided to ensure a high level of skill and knowledge of the tasks required;
- Understand and comply with all workplace health and safety, quarantine and bio-security standards.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Possess the relevant HC Truck Licence, with sufficient operational experience;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Have an attention to detail to complete tasks in accordance with established policies, procedures and standard operating procedures;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements where applicable.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers license and your own transport;
- Robust physical fitness, with the ability to work extended shifts.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the APPLY NOW button, and we’ll be in touch.
You may be entitled to relocation assistance. Click on the attached Fact Sheet for more information.
These positions are not open to overseas applicants.