Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
COVID Incentive ...
Our business has commenced a COVID Incentive Program where we offer a financial bonus, accommodation and transport support, for eligible employees. Are you eligible?
About the Role ...
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment on a rotating roster, ensuring the welfare of domestic poultry, to support the efficient production of a high quality and hygienic egg.
- Perform daily feed, water, temperature and welfare checks in poultry sheds to ensure the care and health of young birds;
- Handle, identify and inspect poultry;
- Follow established practices and complete activities on the site to attain the best possible productivity, ensuring bird husbandry and performance attains or exceeds the standards set by the company;
- Maintain a high level of quality control in accordance with the business's established quality assurance standards, with a focus on continuous improvement of the systems;
- Comply with all Animal Welfare and good stock practices for the care and handling of birds as required;
- Participate in training and work within the scope of that training;
- Comprehensively complete all necessary documentation;
- Communicate effectively with all relevant business partners on a day-to-day basis.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
In order to successfully fulfil the requirements of this role, you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree qualification in agriculture, animal science, poultry or equivalent would be highly regarded;
- Technical proficiency with poultry rearing systems would be highly regarded;
- At least 2 years' of recent and relevant work experience in a medium to large size commercial poultry production enterprise is essential;
- A caring attitude towards poultry livestock and a willingness to do the tasks assigned and comply with all relevant legislation and required work standards;
- Willingness to undertake further study as applicable;
- A demonstrated commitment to completing all tasks with high quality;
- Proactive and efficient time management skills - with the ability to meet agreed deadlines;
- Self-motivation and drive to excel;
- Above-average levels of literacy and numeracy.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.