Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- We are a growing Agribusiness
- Diverse work sites
- Small work team
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming and grading operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from grain production, chick rearing, stock feed milling, poultry production and egg processing. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range, Open Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
Applicants should a demonstrated knowledge and skill required for an agricultural working environment, pro active fault-finding ethic, with a solution finding focus. An excellent work ethic and be committed to their trade. Must be honest and reliable, as well as have the capacity for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactively contribute to the day to day workload of a small team;
- Follow all bio security instructions as provided by the Company;
- Follow all COVID requirements as instructed by the Company;
- An ability to meet agreed deadlines;
- Animal Welfare compliance;
- Working as part of a small team;
- Comprehensive completion of all necessary documentation;
- Communicating effectively with all relevant business partners on a day to day basis.
About You ...
Essential requirements of the role:
- Plumbing Trade qualification and experience.
- Drivers Licence
- Construction Card (Blue or White)
You will need to have:
- A demonstrated plumbing skill and knowledge;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- A demonstrated understanding of the importance of teamwork;
- Good attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and driven attitude;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanically knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicle and equipment;
- Reliable transport.
What else do I need?
- Plumber trade qualification
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.