Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Applicants should be mechanically minded and have an excellent work ethic.
- Day Shift only.
- Come and join one of our teams.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role...
This position is initially a casual position, working Monday through Sunday on a day shift, as per the site roster required to meet operational requirements.
You must be able to work safely and efficiently unsupervised when required, but also be able to work cooperatively in a small team environment.
General tasks include the following:
- Perform general building and equipment maintenance both inside and outside poultry sheds;
- Service and maintain conveyors, egg belts, nest boxes, feed and water lines, and associated infrastructure;
- Assist with regular machine services as part of planned maintenance schedules;
- Assist with job planning, design and/or repairs to support farm operations;
- Complete any training (both on-the-job and externally) and actively participate as required.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move. Learn more about this here: https://jobsearch.gov.au/jobseekerinfo/move-for-work
About You ...
In order to successfully perform this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Whilst a trade qualification is NOT essential, you must be able to demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude and sound troubleshooting skills;
- You should have a minimum 5 years' experience in a similar maintenance role in an agricultural environment;
- Sound ability to communicate effectively with your Managers and Supervisors, other team members and tradespeople;
- A valid Licence to Operate a Forklift with sufficient operational experience would be highly regarded;
- A certificate for Working at Heights would be highly regarded;
- Experience working with Cooling Systems would be highly regarded.
What else do I need?
- A genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- The ability to look outside the square for solutions;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to allow you to successfully complete all aspects of study;
- A drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please