Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Exciting new opportunity.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 250 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to conduct quality control and quality assurance activities relating to the activities within the Feedmill Division and the Farm Division. Additionally providing support to conduct designated quality assurance and quality control activities within the Poultry Division.
- Maintain a sound understanding of legislative, regulatory, third party and customer
requirements relevant to the Feedmill and Farm Divisions.
- Participate in external audits of the Feedmill and Farms.
- Participate in regulatory inspections of the Feedmill and Farms.
- Liaise with the relevant Managers to manage the timely investigation and response to customer complaints.
- Liaise with the relevant Managers to manage the timely closure of non-conformances
raised through internal and external audits.
- Attend DAH Group quality management review meetings as scheduled by the Quality
- Participate as a HACCP Team member or as HACCP Team Leader for the HACCP Teams within the Feedmill and Farm Divisions.
- Maintain the quality assurance documentation, including policies, procedures, SOP,
schedules and form templates to meet with operational and certification requirements.
- Amend, control and distribute quality assurance documentation as required.
- Complete assigned projects as specified by the Quality Manager.
- Manage and retain records in accordance with QMS procedures.
- Liaise with other Quality Coordinators within Shared Services for across business projects.
- Conduct GMP and infrastructure inspections as scheduled in the Internal Audit Program.
- Maintain the necessary skills to be able to sample and test grains and commodities at the Weighbridge.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
In order to successfully fulfil the requirements of this role, you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture or similar or equivalent work experience.
- HACCP Principles and Practices Certificate of Attainment.
- Internal Auditing Certificate of Attainment.
- SharePoint user experience.
- Knowledge and experience of obligations under any food safety management standard and practical application in the workplace.
- Minimum of three years experience in a Quality team member role with demonstrated
experience in system implementation.
- A minimum of five years experience within an agribusiness or food production environment.
- Demonstrated experience in writing quality system documents.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.
This position is not open to overseas applicants.