Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Exciting new opportunity.
- Join the existing successful and driven Quality Team.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- State-of-the-art Grading Floor
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
Diamond Poultry No.3 Pty Ltd, part of the DA Hall & Co group is a privately owned family company providing high quality egg products throughout Australia. Employing over 200 people across its Millmerran operations, DA Hall & Co is one of the largest commercial egg players in the country. The company is uniquely vertically integrated with operations covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stockfeed milling, egg grading and poultry production.
DA Hall & Co's Grading Floor is at the interface between Sales and Production. Grading all of the company's total poultry production, utilising our state-of-the-art equipment, working seven days a week/365 days a year. The grading process incorporates the latest industry leading technology to optimise egg grading speed, quality control, product traceability, robotic integration, product printing and packaging.
DA Hall & Co offers a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values. This position comes with an attractive remuneration package including phone and work vehicle which will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an motivated individual to join the existing quality Team providing support for the Production Team and systems, working with a multi-cultural workforce.
Key Responsibilities :
Monitor key production quality systems and processes and plan, organise, control and coordinate the deployment of quality systems and QA/QC certification processes within production.
· Identify production quality and quality control issues and problems across all production systems and make recommendations to management and implement management approved recommendations in an efficient and timely matter;
· Follow directions as given by the Operations Manager – Grading Floor and other appropriate staff, and to adopt respectful and effective work practices in order to maintain an efficient clean and tidy environment for all staff and visitors;
· Consistently review and ensure the comprehensive completion of all necessary paperwork, and to meet the ongoing requirements of the regulatory and industry bodies;
· Communicating effectively with all relevant business partners on a day to day basis; and
· Training, developing and mentoring staff, with a "leading by example" approach.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
This is an excellent opportunity which may appeal to someone who is a critical thinker, process driven and possesses the following key strengths:
- A high level of attention to detail, strong problem solving skills with an unwavering commitment to comply with established systems and procedures;
- Practical experience within a fast paced manufacturing and production industry;
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, workplace health & safety and biosecurity;
- A strong focus and disciplined approach to delivering and monitoring business improvement initiatives effectively;
- Competent quality reporting and computer skills with comprehensive analytical capacity; and
- Good under pressure, self-motivated and genuine commitment to the business as if it was their own.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.
This position is not open to overseas applicants.