Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Exciting new opportunity.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
Doug Hall Enterprises Pty Ltd - D.A Hall & Co is a privately owned family company providing high quality egg products throughout Australia. We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
DA Hall & Co's Stockfeed Milling Division supplies the company's total poultry feed requirements. Production at the mill has grown to approximately 1,600 tonnes per week of finished feed with all feed distributed by a fleet of company owned trucks. Control over feed manufacturing is critical to both quality assurance and cost effectiveness of the company's entire operation.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
Due to continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Feedmill Division, providing support to the existing Production Team and systems, with a strong customer service focus.
Salary - $55,000 - $65,000 per year
Key Responsibilities :
- Monitor key production quality systems and processes within the Feedmill Premix Department, ensuring compliance with regulations and relevant specifications;
- Inspect and test incoming grain for quality and poultry livestock milling specifications;
- Monitor and facilitate the DA Hall & Co QA Program in the Feedmill Premix Department in both conventional and organics with a focus on best practice and efficiency;
- Consistently review and ensure the comprehensive completion of all necessary paperwork, and to meet the ongoing requirements of the regulatory and industry bodies; and
- Adopt polite and effective work practices in order to maintain an efficient, clean and tidy environment for all staff and visitors.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
This is an excellent opportunity which may appeal to someone who is a critical thinker, process driven and possesses the following key strengths:
- Bachelor degree qualification required;
- Minimum 2 years relevant employment experience in a QA/QC facilitator feed mill role;
- Practical experience production and manufacturing practices, where customer service focus is priority;
- A high level of attention to detail, strong problem solving skills with an unwavering commitment to comply with existing systems and procedures;
- A working knowledge of regulatory/industry compliance and requirements, workplace health & safety and bio-security;
- A strong focus and disciplined approach to delivering and monitoring business improvement initiatives effectively;
- Competent quality reporting and computer skills with comprehensive analytical capacity; and
- Good under pressure, self-motivated and genuine commitment to the business as if it was their own.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.