Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Enjoy hands-on physical work in the great outdoors.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Is this for you - send through your application...
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to consult and collaborate with Divisional/Departmental Managers, and any others as necessary to perform tasks.
- Maintain all heavy machinery.
- Manage and coordinate the heavy machinery inspections.
- Coordinate regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Organise and undertake the roadworthy on all passenger vehicles.
- Manage and coordinate all registrations and cancellations of machines and vehicles.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Work with Procurement to enable purchasing, savings, replacements and best utilisation of vehicles.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts, lubricants, oils etc when necessary.
- Training and supervision of apprentices and junior labourers.
- Requirement to attend potential call outs as required.
About You ...
Essential requirements of the role:
- Diesel Mechanic Qualification or Petrol Mechanic with Diesel/heavy machinery experience.
- Drivers Licence
- Previous costing experience
- Construction Card (Blue or White)
Desirable requirements of the role:
- Ability to plan and manage workload
- Ability to manage a team
- Have a robust physical fitness level, with the ability to regularly complete highly physical tasks;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements in a small team;
- Assisting contractors when necessary;
- Operating hand and power tools of all types;
- Operating farm machinery, vehicles & plant equipment;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Be reliable, and be flexible to work extra hours if and when required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Participate in any relevant training to ensure on-going compliance with policies and procedures;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanical knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicles and equipment.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area and on rural machinery;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers' licence and your own transport;
- Strong physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.