Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
This position is responsible and accountable for assisting and supervising the management, planning, organisation, controlling, coordination, and performance of poultry farming operations, including the welfare and health of domestic poultry, through various production systems, to ensure the consistent and efficient production of high quality and hygienic eggs for market and sale.
- Assist in the management and supervision of the poultry farm and facilities, including human resources, physical resources, safety requirements, consumables, production data and required documentation;
- Assist in management and supervision of overall maintenance and compliance with Company Quality Assurance program for the poultry farm ensuring that all relevant production data and documentation is maintained;
- Assist in management, supervision, and participation of daily inspection of poultry, ensuring bird health is maintained, assessing, identifying, treating, and recording all issues in accordance with the current Model Code of Practice;
- Assist in management and supervision of daily inspection of poultry, including feed, water, environmental parameters. In this case, working with and supervising of less experienced poultry farm workers is required;
- Undertake specific tasks assigned by Farm Manager and/or Operations Manager - Poultry;
- Assist with management and supervision to ensure that environmental, quality and safety goals are met;
- Implement and supervise preventable maintenance programs to reduce planned and unplanned down time;
- Understand and ensure the adherence to all quarantine and biosecurity standards;
- Assist with management and achievement of poultry farm production goals;
- Assist with management, supervision, and training of staff to ensure the poultry farm is clean and maintained to a high standard;
- Manage and supervise poultry farm worker staff, including training and development requirements and outcomes, to ensure high poultry welfare standards are consistently achieved and maintained at all times;
- Ensure that staff have the equipment required to perform their duties at all times;
- Assist with the monitoring of staff performance and appraisals; and
- Undertake and implement programs and actions to ensure control of pests and vermin on site.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
In order to successfully fulfil the requirements of this role, you will need to have:
- Minimum AQF degree qualification in agriculture, agricultural technology, agricultural engineering
- Minimum of 5 years recent and relevant work experience in a medium to large size intensive agricultural production enterprise
- At least 5 years' of recent and relevant work experience in a medium to large size commercial poultry production enterprise is essential;
- At least 5 years' experience supervising medium-sized work teams is essential;
- A caring attitude towards poultry livestock and a willingness to do the tasks assigned and comply with all relevant legislation and required work standards;
- Willingness to undertake further study as applicable;
- A demonstrated commitment to completing all tasks with high quality;
- Proactive and efficient time management skills - with the ability to meet agreed deadlines;
- Self-motivation and drive to excel;
- Above-average levels of literacy and numeracy.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- A valid drivers license and your own reliable transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.