Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Enjoy hands-on physical work in the great outdoors
- We are a growing Agribusiness
- Is this for you - send through your application...
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from grain production, chick rearing, stock feed milling, poultry production and egg grading. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
In our current environment of continued expansion and change, we are excited to have the opportunity to grow our Maintenance Team. The applicant will be required to work in the existing team, under the direction of our current technical support staff, assisting the Construction and Services Team to contribute to meeting the business goals.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work with the existing team, collaborate with Divisional/Departmental Managers, and any others as necessary to perform tasks.
- Proactively support Maintenance Team with all company production equipment and facilities for all sites of operation - includes assisting with installation, relocation, modification, and preventive and remedial maintenance to ensure efficient plant and machinery operation for a quality product with a minimum down time.
- When required, assist team with completion of daily tasks associated with machine preparation prior to commencement of daily production
- Assist maintaining a high level of quality control on all sites in accordance with quality assurance standards as implemented by the company.
- Maintain a high level of safety and safe working practices within all work areas
About You ...
Essential requirements of the role:
- Boiler Maker Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Construction Card (Blue or White)
Desirable requirements of the role:
- Proactively plan and manage workload;
- Ability to work cohesively within small team;
- Have a robust physical fitness level, with the ability to regularly complete highly physical tasks;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements in a small team;
- Assisting contractors when necessary;
- Operating hand and power tools of all types;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Be reliable, and be flexible to work extra hours if and when required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Participate in any relevant training to ensure on-going compliance with policies and procedures;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanical knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicles and equipment.
What else do I need?
- A passion for your trade and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers' licence and your own transport;
- Strong physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.