Our Mission – To produce affordable and quality eggs from well-cared-for hens in a socially responsible way, utilising the collective strength of a skilled, purpose-driven and innovative team.
Our Values – Responsibility ~ Integrity ~ Generosity ~ Humility ~ Trust = Loyalty
- Join existing successful and driven production teams.
- We can offer long-term and stable employment.
- We are a growing Agribusiness - with genuine potential for career advancement.
- Work in a relaxed, rural environment in the heart of the Darling Downs.
About us ...
DA Hall Group is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia.
We employ over 350 people across our farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba in Queensland. Our operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stock feed milling, egg grading and poultry production. Our layer systems include Cage, Cage-free, Free Range and Organic. We have in-house service teams which coordinate bird vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition services.
We offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to our business values.
Please visit www.dahall.com.au to learn more about who we are.
About the Role ...
You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively within a team environment from Monday through Friday, carting manure and performing general labour and farm tasks when required. Work hours are flexible, but would ideally suit from 6.30am to 3.30pm. While this may not be a glamorous role, you would be contributing in a positive way to our ongoing environmental improvement and sustainability projects.
- Load and unload manure in accordance with farm pick-up and delivery schedules;
- Operate an Automatic Dump Truck;
- Complete all required documentation in relation to loads;
- Maintain vehicles and equipment in a safe, clean and tidy condition, and ensure all service and maintenance requirements are met;
- Perform general labour and farm duties when required;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
Are you not local to this job?
Should you not be local and you are successful in securing this role, you may be able to get financial assistance to help cover the costs of your move.
Learn more about this here:
About You ...
- Be physically fit, and able to perform strenuous manual labouring tasks;
- Have a "can do" attitude by working cooperatively and efficiently to meet daily production requirements;
- Be accountable for the work completed;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Be reliable, and be flexible to work extra hours if and when required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Participate in any relevant training to ensure on-going compliance with policies and procedures;
- An HR Licence would be highly regarded, but is not essential;
- Ideally, you will have some basic mechanically knowledge and the ability to adequately inspect and troubleshoot your vehicle and equipment.
What else do I need?
- A passion for Agriculture and a genuine interest in working in a rural area;
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills;
- A valid drivers license and your own transport;
- Sound physical fitness, with the ability to work in dirty or dusty environments, work at heights, work in confined spaces, or work outside in all types of weather.
Please note - Candidates must be willing to adhere to strict bio-security requirements, which include not keeping live birds, chickens or pigs at home. You must be willing to sign our bio-security agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (birds, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc.).
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button, and we’ll be in touch.